- Winners are selected by a judging panel of film industry & professionals of short film industry consisting of independent producers, Directors, Writers, Professional short filmmakers, and other film industry professionals who may be substituted at the discretion of the Festival organizers.
- All short films are judged equally based on:
- Content Originality (Quality of storyline, and script)
- Production (Camera work, lighting, and shot composition)
- Post-Production (Editing, transitions, pacing, continuity, and flow)
- Image (Focus, colour, and lighting)
- Sound Quality (Clarity, consistency of audio levels, and lack of noise)
- The decision of selection committee is final. My Mumbai Short film Festival selection committee will use its best efforts to choose finalist & announce the selected films, winners at the designated time (End of the festival)
- By entering the My Mumbai Short film Festival, contestants and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of the Festival and its judges which are final and binding in all matters.
- Selection of films for My Mumbai Short film Festival 2013 will be done by a committee whose decision will be final. However, Festival Authorities reserve the right to accept or reject any film that is likely to offend sentiments, feelings or sensibilities of any caste, community, religion and sector is likely to promote racism or ill will in the society.
- Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official Festival rules and regulations as established herein. The My Mumbai Short film Festival reserves the right to extend the Festival deadline for any unforeseen reasons if needed. Entry constitutes permission to use winner's name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
- Short films that are submitted must be the entrants’ original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
- Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permissions regarding music, sound and/or images presented in your short film. By entering the Festival, the entrant agrees that the My Mumbai Short film Festival will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your short film.
- The My Mumbai Short film Festival reserves the right to not screen any film(s) for any reason it deems valid.
- The entrants may also run the risk of being prosecuted as per the Indian Criminal Procedure Code and the Indian Media Law for any offence or infringement. Racial, religious and regional discrimination shall not be portrayed in any part of the film being submitted.
- My Mumbai Short film Festival organizing, selection committee members, juries are not allowed to participate in respective festival as a contestant.
- Entrants will retain all ownership rights to their films submitted.